**PLEASE READ: Due to the overwhelming interest in becoming a member of Shokunin Collaborative we are requesting that knife makers tag us in a cut test on Instagram. Ideally for a general knife you should be taking a couple chops into some wood and then clean cutting paper, an empty water bottle or shaving some hair off your arm. Our Instagram is @ShokuninCollab. Our goal is to ensure that knives can take a little abuse and keep their edge.
Membership Requests are only required for Artisans looking to sell their goods. If you're interested in becoming a customer and buying goods, please Click Here to create your account and shop items now.
Please make sure to include the following information in your membership request:
- Somewhere for the Shokunin Panel to view your work. This is preferably an Instagram account or other social media. If you do not have social media, please note that in the message and we will get in contact with you via email to get some pictures.
- The more information you can provide about your creation process, the more likely and quickly your membership will be approved. For example, processes of forging, stock removal, quenching, tempering, handle construction, types of metal and materials used frequently, etc.
- Feel free to mention other pertinent information such as other Makers you’ve trained with, as well as any awards or certifications you have received.
- Please let us know how you heard about Shokunin Collaborative.
The path to membership will be as follows:
- After you submit your request with all necessary information, it will be reviewed by the Shokunin Panel for approval. These decisions will be based on the information you’ve provided as well as pictures and/or samples of your work.
- You may hear from us directly if there are any follow-up questions about your products. It is possible that The Shokunin Panel will want to see a sample of your work. This is so we can ensure the highest quality products are available to our customers.
- Once your membership is approved, you will receive an invite to join the Shokunin Collaborative website as a vendor.
- As soon as you are set up as one of our vendors, you will be able to post your products and start selling.
Submit the form below to request to be a member of the collective.